Home Web+ Web Development Services
Magento Commerce Online Catalog Website
Magento Commerce is an extremely popular open-source ecommerce platform that allows the end-user to manage their own ecommerce site content. It's a great tool for building complex catalog websites, and still having the ability to easily manage the site's content.
Magento has a built-in content management system, allowing the end user to easily create and manage products, descriptions, images, multiple price listings, and much more. Magento Commerce also allows you to add and manage other non-commerce web pages within your site, resulting in a total site management solution.
Magento Commerce includes full shopping cart functionality that allows the site owner to connect to online payment services like PayPal, Google checkout, a traditional merchant account, and many more.
There is a tremendous demand for managing the ever expanding amount and types of product content in a website, and Magento Commerce allows the site owner to easily wrangle that content with a secure admin interface.
Ten Reasons to Use Magento Commerce for Your Small Business Shopping Cart Website
- SEO – Magento provides good on-site search engine optimization (SEO) right out of the box. There are a few tweaks we need to make, but there are many seo benefits that Magento provides for free or with the addition of a plugin.
- Content – it's easy to update product listings on your website without knowing HTML or other programming languages. Do you hate the idea of having to learn to use a complex HTML editor tool like Dreamweaver? Do you have to “ask” your webmaster every time you want to make a small change to your website? Well no longer – once Magento Commerce is set up for you, you can easily create new pages or products, edit existing products using a simple rich text editor.
- Support – If you do have problems, or want to add very custom features, it is easy to find support and developers who can help you. There are literally thousands of Magento developers out there (including us). And there are so many people writing about Magento that help is only a Google search away. Paid support is also available from the developers of Magento.
- Extensions – There is a thriving "eco-system" of developers creating add-ons that give Magento Commerce additional functionality, as well as themes or easily installed web designs. Imagine free design themes, or the ability to extend your website with polls, contact forms, ratings or hundreds of other cool features without having to hire a web developer. Plug-ins do that, many are free or very low-cost (donationware). There are also a number of commercial add-ons to enhance site features. Some are pricey (compared to WordPress free plugins) but worth every cent.
- Mobile - Magento also has an alternative template available to give us the ability to easily adapt your website for mobile, serving up mobile-optimized content (fewer images, screen sized for mobile). Mobile is the coming online shopping revolution.
- Product Comparison - Magento Commerce includes an advanced product comparison feature that allows shoppers to compare products side-by-side.
- One-Page Checkout - One major reason Magento is popular is the one-page layered checkout. Shoppers step through a complex checkout procedure without having to reload a new page with each step.
- Customization - With the help of a qualified PHP programmer, functions that aren't already built into Magento can be added. We can also adapt existing code to your customization needs.
- User Accounts - Magento has a built-in multi-tiered user account system that ranges from shoppers to administration accounts.
- Tiered Pricing - If you have a multi-tiered pricing structure, or simply wish to show prices to logged in customers, Magento can do that.
If you need an easily-managed, SEO-optimized and mobile-optimized shopping cart/eCommerce website, contact iNvision Studios.